Frequently Asked Questions
What are Rewards?
Rewards means money back. THE MANILA TIMES is giving you a portion of your spending back to you when you make an online purchase through the Rewards links.
How do I get the rewards?
Rewards will be credited back directly to your preferred online payment account. You have a choice between GCash, PayMaya or PayPal.
Are GCash, PayPal or PayMaya my only options for the crediting of my Rewards?
Yes, for now, but we are in the process of partnering with other payment accounts which will be available in the near future.
Do I need to wait for an accumulated amount to get my Rewards?
Yes. Unfortunately. For GCash and PayMaya, you need at least PHP50 (with the transfer fee already subtracted) while for PayPal, minimum amount is at least PHP 100 (with the transfer fee already subtracted). If you have not reached the minimum requirement, your CashBack would be rolled over to the next month’s crediting of CashBacks, or until you have reached the minimum amount.
I had a problem in logging in or clicking the link provided to go to the product with Rewards. What do I do?
If you discover that any of our landing pages or affiliate links are down or broken, please do not hesitate to contact us by dropping us an email to email@example.com. Some programs that you have installed can update the “Hosts” file of your computer, which may interfere and cause problems with the Rewards program.
How do I know if my Rewards transaction is being recorded properly?
Visit the Rewards History link located on the main page. The Rewards History page will show all your transactions 3 to 7 days after your transaction. Pending transactions mean that the merchant has reported the transaction and will reconfirm the rewards amount after the allowed return period or the travel date. Paid transactions mean the amount has been credited to preferred online payment account. Declined transactions mean the merchants invalidated the transactions mainly due to the items being returned or reservations being cancelled.
Why didn’t I get my Rewards?
Your Rewards might not have been tracked due to the following reasons:
- You may not have clicked from the newsletter Rewards links when making a purchase. Unfortunately, if you did not redirect to the store of choice before the order, we will be unable to track your order and thus no reward will be awarded.
- You may not have followed the Merchant Store’s Terms & Conditions when ordering through the rewards card newsletter Reward links. Every partner store comes with its unique set of Terms and Conditions. If you fail to adhere to them when ordering, we will be unable to earn commission from our partner stores and hence, no reward will be awarded. You can access each partner store's Terms & Conditions on the pop-up pages generated by the newsletter Rewards links.
- Rewards takes around 60 days to be processed and reflected in your preferred account.
- There was a cancellation, return or exchange of your order. Rewards is only awarded for successful orders and will not be awarded for cancellations, returns or exchanges.
- You have ad blockers or disabled cookies applied to your browsers.
If none of the above applies to you, please submit a missing Rewards inquiry through sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rewards amount was incorrect. What do I do?
Your Rewards is calculated based on the following factors:
- For certain stores, the percentage and/or amount of Rewards awarded is not fixed and is calculated based on different tiers (e.g. different categories of products and new/existing customers).
- Check the Rewards tiers for every store on each pop-up page (generated by the newsletter Rewards links) to know the amount of Rewards you will be awarded before ordering.
How much Rewards do I get?
The Rewards amount differs per merchants. Customer may get 1%-15% Rewards. You may check the reward tiers for every store on each pop-up page to know the amount of Rewards you will be awarded.
How long will it take me to get my Rewards?
As long as your rewards amount reaches the minimum PHP 50.00, the rewards should reflect on your preferred online payment account within 60 days depending upon the merchant.
Do Rewards expire?
No. The rewards accumulated in your preferred online payment account does not have an expiration.
How do I know how much I’m going to get from marketplace sites like Lazada and Shopee?
Marketplace sites like Lazada, AliExpress and Shopee have different rates for different categories. The percentage and/or amount of cashback awarded is not fixed and is calculated based on different tiers (e.g. different categories of products, and participating brands). Please check the individual merchant pages to view the categories and their respective cashbacks. Lazada, AliExpress and Shopee have the right to change the cashback rate at any time.